Domestic Students FAQ


Q. What is RPL and CT?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Recognition of Current Competencies (RCC) takes into account the knowledge and skills you’ve already gained through your previous education and work. This may be through formal or informal training, paid or unpaid work experience, and can earn you credit if relevant to your chosen course. If you wish to apply for RPL for this course, please indicate on the Application Form  or contact us  for more details on how to apply.

If you have completed any of the units of Competency at another RTO, TAFE or University, these units will be recognised for credit transfer if they are identical to the units of competency being offered within the relevant Menzies course structure.

Q. When do the courses start?
Please check the courses information for details on the starting dates.

Q. How many contact hours per week are required?
Depending on the course you wish to study, the study load will vary. Furthermore, if you need training at your workplace, then the study load will vary depending on your arrangements with the employer. We can discuss your needs and tailor a training plan and study load that is suitable for you. Please contact us for more details.

If you are studying full time at Menzies, there are 20 contact hours per week for all courses.

Q. When do I get my timetable?
Your timetable will be given to you at your Orientation Date as stated in your Letter of Offer.

Q. What do I need to bring on my Orientation Day?
Please bring along all documents as stated in your Letter of Offer.

Q. Where is the Main Office and Menzies Campuses?
Please see the Locations section.